To keep things on an even keel I've decided to propose the usual menu choices for you guys to comment upon (even you JT - tradition says that you reply at least once to the post-LM banter).
So, apart from the usual breakfast ensemble I have the following choices to suggest...
- Potato Hash (a firm favourite and likely to stay on Le Menu this year);
- Beef Rendang (a cheeky new entry from last year which appeared to be a winner!);
- Roast Beef dinner (care of Lucy's 'equipment' - would be rude not to !);
- Bangers and Mash (need I say more...........);
- Chilli (along with the now infamous Sniffer v Chadders jalapeno eating contest...);
- Chicken Curry;
- Any other suggestions?
Clearly it might be another 'spirit' year and I have a strong feeling the pissdergeist may make a shock re-appearance....
I await your formal comments fellow travellers......
Ah Monsieur Sniffer, Monsieur (trust the French not to have a word for "Sir"), with zis menu, you are really spoiling uz...
ReplyDeleteA little new to this game, but here we go:-
ReplyDelete1) As always the menu looks to be of the usual high standard, I wonder if this year could see an intorduction to pudding. (Spotted dick anyone...)
2)The introcution of "Lucy", is probably the single most defining change ever in the history of going to Le Mans. It almost calls for a new set of T-shirts (but not quite)
3) Geeky stuff: Interesting, but don't ask me any questions..
4) Nasal Vomit: The thought that this is now on the internet for all to see is a little worring..
Lets see if this works.....
[Post Comment] click!
I'm assuming that despite Lucy's ample facilities, you'll mostly be cooking alfresco, with the kit we've all become used to? Or do you want to be a slave to her hot, sweaty oven? My favourite from last year’s Menu du Sniffer was the Beef Rendang - absolute quality – that gets my vote. I guess you're right in that the potato hash is the signature dish of the weekend, so that should stay. After that, anything goes (as long as it doesn’t include fish, sea food, or anything that may have a nautical theme…). I’ll bring some fruit (for the sangria if nothing else) and a few retro snacks, but I can’t promise a spotted dick (wasn’t that Lofty with his Latvian crotch rot?).
ReplyDelete2 weeks and counting...
Yes I'm still planning on doing most of the cooking alfresco with the usual equipment.
ReplyDeleteI'm not much of a pudding person myself but I'll happily take all requests into account - treacle sponge and custard does have a certain ring!!
Incidentally, if anyone can bring brandy (there can never be enough !!) that will help.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I'll bring brandy (and whisky too).
ReplyDeleteSteady on there: Remember 2007 !
ReplyDeleteJT - don't be such a girl. I know you realise it's the year of the pisdergeist's return but still....pull yourself together!!
ReplyDelete